If you want to monetize your site as a blogger or webmaster, the best way to do it is through Adsense. There are lots of bloggers struggling with how to make money with blogging. In contrast, there are some bloggers who are geniuses in what they do, and they make hundreds to thousands of dollars from their blog through Adsense ads. What makes us different from one another is the way we think out of the box.
However, those that have been there having been of immense help by giving out some tips to help those who are yet to get there. And those if are looking to start making money from your blog, these tips will come in handy, and it will help you boost your earnings.
Here are the best 5 proven ways on how to improve your Adsense earnings.
- Try to concentrate on one format of Adsense ad. The format that has worked well for most webmasters and bloggers is the large rectangle (336X280). This format can result in higher CTR (Click-Though Rate). Why do you have to choose this format? This is because the ads will look like normal web links, and people being used to clicking them will click on these types of links. They may or may not know they are clicking on your ad, but when they do, it is to your advantage.
- Create a custom palette for your ads. Select a color that goes well with you site background. If your site has a white background, ensure you use white as the color of your ad border and background. The brain behind this is to pattern the colors to make the Adsense look like it’s part of your web pages. However, this will result in more clicks from your visitors.
- Place your Adsense ads at the top of your site pages, remove them from the bottom pages of your website. Do not try to hide your ads, place them where people can see and click on them. You will be awed at how the different positioning of Adsense ads can increase your Adsense earnings when you see your account.
- Maintain links to the relevant website. If you think some sites are better than others, put your ads there and try managing them. If there are already lots of Adsense in that site, put yours on top of others. Doing this your visitors will see your ads first when they visit.
- Try to systematize the insertion of your Adsense code into your webpages using SSI (server side included). You can ask a professional web admin to help with this. And if you wish to DIY, save the Adsense code in a text file, save as Adsense text and upload it to the root directory of the web server. Then using SSI, call the code on the other pages. This is a time-saving tip especially for bloggers who use automatic page generators.
These are tips that have worked for professional bloggers, and I trust this will also work for you if you want to make money with your blog. This same method for other Adsense alternatives. You should know that ads are displayed based on the interest of your audience or based on your website content. This is the reason why I always emphasize niche blogging. Focusing on a particular topic/ niche should be your target because ads will be targeted on a topic that people are viewing on your site.
There are so many sites delivering the kind of ads you serve on your website, so you will want to make your ads unique and different. Every click your ads get is a point, so you might want to make every one of it count. if you want to make make money blogging these are steps you need to take.