Google Adsense is one of the many ways you can get to monetize your website. Google Adsense also provides the platform where you can get to monetize your website search bar, Android apps and games. It is one of the coolest ways to make money online, and if you also want to talk about making money blogging online Adsense is the way to go. There are lots of Adsense alternatives that you can also opt for should in case you have a hard time getting Adsense approval. There are also some other ad networks you can combine with Adsense just to increase revenue on your site. Infolinks is an Adsense alternative, and it can also work with Adsense on your website.
Basic Requirements for Google Adsense Approval
- Your website or blog should be at least six months old, newly created blogs from Europe, Canada, and the USA gets accepted almost immediately. However, you can also get it approved in less than six months if you are from other part of the world. I got mine approved in less than six months, and your website needs to look professional and compact.
- During the six months period, get some quality content up on your site and get some organic traffic. Apply some SEO strategies and create SEO optimized pages.
- Google frowns at adult content, and you should not have adult content on your website or blog, and you should not also link to an adult website or one containing adult content.
- Your site should not contain copyrighted pictures, I have seen so many people use copyrighted pictures on their website. Apart from the fact that Google doesn’t like that, it looks unprofessional. Ensure you have copyrights to all images on your website or blog. You should not also have videos, links that violate Google guidelines and policies.
- PLAGIARISM IS NOT ALLOWED. Never copy and paste from other websites. Always post original and unique contents on your website or blog. I can tell you for free that you can rewrite existing contents or PLR (Private Label Rights) materials to post on your blog if you are too busy to get new contents. You can get this service for a token on FIVERR which is a freelance platform.
- Write content rich pages, you should not have scanty contents on your website or blog, make sure you have at least 500 – 600 word content on your blog.
- You must be 18 years old to apply. You might say how does Google even know this, and your information will be verified according to the date of birth you used to register the corresponding Gmail account you are registering Adsense with.
- Your site should possess a good navigation system that can link all pages of the blog right from the homepage. The homepage and other pages should also be accessible from other pages of the website or blog.
- Google wants to know the person they are dealing with, so you should have an author page with your original photo.
- Sign up on a free copyright website to copyright your content. I used Copyscape to protect my content. There are also some plugins you can use on WordPress that will disable right click on your website thereby not allowing people to copy your contents.
- Page views are given less consideration, just ensure you get daily visitors through organic search (Google search).
- I always emphasize on niche blogging, and this will be a plus for you because Google will already take note of your blog or website category.
- Don’t spam your contents with keywords. Ensure the appropriate keyword density of about 2 – 3% in your content. Also, ensure your keywords are naturally incorporated into your contents.
- “Content is king” try to write quality contents and spice it up with images. Don’t focus on keywords like I said earlier. You will surely get organic traffic if you post original contents.
- Google does not accept websites in the banking category, and it is easier to get accepted when your website is Medicine, health related.
- Submit your sitemap to Google by making use of the Google Webmasters tools (I will be coming up with a post on how to do this soon) and analyze your website performance through Google Analytics.
- This is the mistake most bloggers and website owners make, and you don’t leave another ad running on your site while applying for Adsense. It’s highly important. REMOVE other ads before applying for Adsense.
I have heard so many folks talking about using YouTube Adsense for their blogs. I have not confirmed how that works, but if you have tried it, you can drop your comments.